Hello friends! I am thrilled to be blogging this year’s fall Raspberry Creek release! This year’s may be my favorite yet. I get so excited for their fall release every year and they did not disappoint. There are sooooooo many wonderful prints available on their website; make sure you check them out. I was able to sew up the Geometric Mountain french terry and the Tonal Acorn Leaves french terry. It’s serious love, guys.
For baby boy, I sewed up the Lowland Kids Overalls. I couldn’t decide how to make his outfit with the mountains but also have him match me when I had limited sewing time. So I made them reversible! With applique knee patches from the acorn fabric. Which he will grow into with the placement haha.
The coordinating solid is the olive cotton jersey, which is a great match and super soft.
I recently got this pattern and really like it. It’s pretty quick and easy but so cute and classic, which is what I’d prefer his whole wardrobe to be if I could sew all of it! Generally speaking, I just found out about Lowland Kids after my short disappearance from the world after the baby was born.
I made the knot version for this pair in a size up in length, so that my lanky boy can wear these hopefully in the fall and winter. Currently the knots are a little higher up on the straps, creating the longer tails, but I don’t mind that too much. Baby loves them because they are a built in teething toy…
I used the P4P Basic Tee as the layering piece on the mountain print side and the fit is perfect.
For my sweatshirt, I heavily modified the Hey June Halifax, which is one of my most favorite patterns. I knew I wanted something to be nursing friendly yet not “in your face nursing” since L is 8.5 months old already. I tend to do the pull up method more than anything else when he’s super wiggly (all day). This is kind of hard to do when you have a waistband on the shirt, so I opted to do a split hem instead so that it would be easier to pull up. And then since I hate hemming split hems, I decided to line my shirt too.
In terms of modifications, I also color blocked the sleeves and added stripes for a more athletic kind of look.
This was a saga…I wanted to line it with the gray wide dot rayon spandex french terry but I didn’t have enough to do the whole thing. I decided to piece it together with other fabric and since it was the inside this wouldn’t matter. In the midst of this, I accidentally cut the front outside acorn piece all the way across horizonally. NOOOOOOOOOO! So I made that the back and pieced the neckline higher on this new back. Disaster averted. Then I cut the cowl dots on the grainline instead of the stretch, so I had to piece in an acorn piece to give it stretch. This took me 5 attempts because I was tired and stubborn. Ha. I finally finished it the next day. Totally worth it though, because I LOVE it. It’s nice and thick with the double french terry and perfection for fall and winter.
Since this is already a novel…I’ll just leave you with a few more pictures because I can’t help myself. 🙂